WP6: Final report and recommendations on C&I further development and implementation
In this section you will find the CI-SFM final report.
This report is the result of a joint effort, led by the European Forest Institute (EFI), to update the implementation status of the pan-European C&I for SFM with the state-of-the art information, for those interested in using the indicator set - including policy makers, non-governmental and governmental organisations, research and academia, civic society and other relevant stakeholders from inside and outside the forest sector.
The report summarizes the results of the project, carried out under 7 Work Packages. It provides insights into pan-European, national and regional approaches for implementation of criteria and indicators among the FOREST EUROPE signatory countries. The report discusses emerging issues and associated challenges and includes recommendations for improving the pan-European set and its implementation. The methodology used to produce the report was geared towards obtaining as much country participation and expert input as possible.
Please note that other project-related documents were also produced. You can access them here.
CI-SFM Final Report:
- Introduction and Scope of the Report
- Setting the Context
- The Conceptual Basis of the Pan-European criteria and indicators for sustainable Forest Management
- Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Perspectives on Implementing Criteria and Indicators for Sustainable Forest Management in Europe
- Discussion on Implementing Criteria and Indicators for Sustainable Forest Management in Europe
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Annex 1: Interview questions
- Annex 2: Enquiry on the implementation status of the pan-European C&I for SFM
- Annex 3: Recommendations from the CI-SFM regional workshops
- Annex 4: Overview by Indicator of Challenges for Monitoring Purposes
- Annex 5: Logical and Structural Overview for the Pan-European Quantitative Indicators: Indicator by Indicator
- Annex 6: Report of the Pan-European Forum, Vienna, Austria 8–9 October 2013